PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Young?
Thread: Too Young?
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2009, 12:20
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Why on earth would anyone come on here, join the site, and make all this up to ask a question that would have absolutely no relevance in any way whatsoever if it weren't all true?"
Ok. I'll bite.

That is a good point you make. Something I did not give consequence to and also can not reply to. There are many reasons why someone may pretend to be someone they are not and to list them is meaningless.

However I am sure that you can appreciate why your thread has been met with a majority of cynicism rather than constructive posts. You have written statements that are so illegal that makes them untrue. Like having a PPL at 16 and don't even get me started on the "don't need a CPL to be a 747 pilot - relief or otherwise".

However, lets pretend for one nanosecond that what you have written is true.

Therefore...

You are a 747 Commander. So you should know full well that a large chunk of your 1000 of hours per year that you accumulated between 16 and 19 is not only un-loggable (I think I made that word up) but also invalid - I'd go as far as to say illegal.

There are many professional pilots who have queried your posts due to these hours. Sure you can say you have 8000 hours but this will be met with scrutiny as you have openly admitted that you have flown more than the limit each year every year.

There is a reasons we have a limit on the amount of hours you fly - especially if you work for an airline. In my airline, we have strict rules on personal private flying in case we reach the maximum and muck up the whole scheduling of our professional jobs. Not to mention human factors issues.

If the scenario was presented at any regional or major in the US, it would be scrutinized and ultimately dismissed as time logged in which the pilot was unsuitably certified. I would imagine an East Asian carrier used to hiring expats with solid, unquestionable jet time would be even more curious.
If you really were a 744 captain, then you would be aware of the above quote concern.

So it begs the question why tell us you have 8000 hours when a large part is actually invalid. Is it to impress us but on your application form you will actually only put the realistic figure of circa 5000 hours?

Your post has more holes than Swiss-cheese. So please forgive the cynicism. Hopefully my reply to you has summarised why I and many others have laughed in your face.

The post by IloveMidex basically ripped your hours to shreds. Care to reply to his/her post? One more thing, not many 747-400 Captains come onto pprune asking for advice on what they should do in terms of applications.....

figuro8 - you did reply..by replying.

Last edited by betpump5; 26th May 2009 at 12:31.