PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Emergency Landing
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2009, 12:09
ROH111

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I guess you meant Sydney when you said "runways surrounded by water..." Yeah I guess landing on a runway you calculated as too short is as unproffesional as you can get.. If you run off the end and end up in the drink, is about as dangerous as running off the end of the runway into the dirt catching on fire, I don't see your point BSD.

HotDog: "Who knows when the crew were notified that they had a blown tire?"

Well I hardly think that ATC would allow aircraft to depart or arrive on a runway contaminated with blown bits of rubber all over it, so one would think that the crew knew about it very very soon after take off, point aside, I agree with you that engineering can advise the Pilot In Command on their OPINION on what action should be taken, but to leave a more than suitable (excuse the water surrounding the airport like a deserted island...... god I still don't get the point you were trying to make BSD) to fly far far away without any knowledge of what further damage could have been done to the aircraft... im not is saying crazy, I just thought the opinion of CASA and safety in general, is that you can't/shouldn't over fly a suitable aerdrome to proceed to another without a damn good reason...

Tell me if I have interpreted this "myth" incorrectly...