PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible Monarch CC Strike
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2009, 11:09
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not Monarch crew and have no idea what the T&C's are like for them. This thread has really got me cross on behalf of all crew so my post is not a pop at Monarch crew . Any airline management will try the "divide and conquer" approach and it's alive and well here

Rushed Approach is right. The press release was utter madness. In these fragile times why scare the SLF into other airlines? What Mr Boyd should have done was quietly ballot his Monarch members and then go to management with the results. Poor timing? Well when would be the right time then? This recession and recovery is expected to last for years. Are CC going to wait for years to claim a well deserved payrise?

Of all of you whinging about UNITE on this thread how many of you have approached UNITE direct now and said withdraw from the pay negotiations? thourght so! When he does negotiate something for you (and he will) how many of you are going to refuse it and that includes the non members who will benefit as well.

So we are grateful to have jobs? Well wake up peeps!! We are in the middle of a recession....everyone is grateful to have a job and that includes our managers.They are really grateful for their bonuses as well . They get these because the SLF keep boarding our flights and the reason they keep boardfing is because of us....the CC, the face of any company.

We are professionals in our own right just as our friends at the pointy end are. Granted we do not have the knowledge and technical skills they do but we have others that our managers cannot do without either. Would you see a Pilot (apart from an FR pilot) say don't bother abour feeding us or our pay because we are just grateful for a job....no! They value their profession and so should we. If we don't you can be sure our managers won't.

I'm with Girtbar on this one because it affects every CC not just Monarch. If we go to work with doormat written all over us then management will walk all over us

Best of luck to all of you at Monarch