PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Creation of a fund for those who cannot afford PPL
Old 26th May 2009, 09:08
Rodent1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can't afford to fly, don't! Most of us humans have to live with the fact that there are some things out of our reach.

If you can afford to throw money into the pot, then you can afford to save that money instead. Learning to fly needn't be a 3 week course over in USA, or SA. I've personally been working on mine for over a year, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Where is the fun in flying constantly for 3 weeks, then coming back to reality and flying on a budget... stretch out the training, you'll learn a hell of a lot more that way, allowing time to digest your previous lesson. Some people have been working on their PPLs for quite literally decades, and I'm sure they wouldn't be complaining about it either.

Part time jobs, freelancing, or whatever, money doesn't fall from trees!

PS. Absolutely daft idea for the reasons BabyBear states. Once number 1 completes what's his / her incentive to keep throwing money in the fund. But possibly more importantly, you're not saving money, just trying to get there quicker. Will cost just as much either way.