PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Creation of a fund for those who cannot afford PPL
Old 25th May 2009, 20:26
ak7274

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if this sounds harsh too..................I worked hard on a limited income.......My wife and I brought up 3 children without asking if we could get sponsorship for them........or indeed creating a lottery with friends to see which of us could have children first. As soon as our young fled the nest we sailed offshore on our own Yacht (smallish & cheapish)..........10 years later we sold the boat and I learnt to fly (Small & cheap) Bought a plane and you guessed it (Small & cheap)
Why should anyone join a sceme that gives them a 1 in however many chances of learning to fly? Or even pander to the posters who are obviously fishing for cash to learn to Fly
Am I resentful of the wealthy?.........absolutely not..a bit envious of some the Planes they fly perhaps..............Try going and washing A/C at clubs and working for some hours........Sadly that seems to happen less amd less and the young seem to want more and more for doing less and less.
Am I a grumpy old git?........you betcha