PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - aerodynamics in MALAGA NOW.. what about?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 16:00
Pace152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Grecian you may well laugh at what I have said about Aerodynamics but you´re attitude really gets on my nerves.

I´ve been to various flight training centres in the US, UK and now Spain and I´ve got to say (as much as it pains me because I´m from the UK) that the overall setups of the places I´ve seen put the US and Aerodynamics in Spain ahead of 90% of the places in the UK.

Just to make the point first that I do recognise that there is a difference between the look of a place and the quality of training it provides but in my opinion if a FTO has a good setup it makes you feel more professional and helps you get into a more professional state of mind for the training.

Onto the quality of training. I have heard this from the very begginning that if you train in America or Spain you will be recieving a standard of training that is below that in the UK, to which I say rubbish.

It does of course depend on the particular FTO that you go to, I´m sure there are some places in the UK that provide bad standards of training as I´m sure there also is in the US and Spain (the place that I trained at in the UK had very good standards).

All I know is that I have been very impressed with Aerodynamics both in their setup and in the knowledge and ability of the instructors that they employ.

We pay alot of money for our training so why would you want to spend more than you have to by taking months and months doing the training in the UK due to our constantly rubbish weather, when you can get a good standard of training in a country that has both better weather and is in general more favourable to General Aviation.

If you´re going to be flying in UK airspace it is good to do at least part of your training in the UK as every country has its own ways of doing things which it is good to get to know but IR flight is IR flight wherever you are.

To sum up, in my opinion Aerodynamics provides a good standard of training, has a very good setup and is a good place to do the IR.

So there you go