PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 15:05
cptcollins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I see on this CTC Cadets thread is a lot of aspiring pilots having their dreams shat on by people who didn't get in. I just read someone say "Far from perfect" (Sorry who-ever you are I know you weren't moaning), well, yes but you know, "boo-hoo" the grass will always be greener whereever you go. Delayed or not, you'll still be in a better position after 2 years with CTC than any other flying school and if being a pilot really has been a life long dream then you'll be prepared to take a few hits on the chin, moan about it subtly but deal with it. And who's this slating the DA42? I naturally assume you've never flown one before nor do you have any technical knowledge of its design or implementation because if you had your opinions would dramatically change. If you wish to comment on the Twinstar's early failures may I suggest you also research about it's current performance and maybe explain why a leading Univeristy in New Zealand, Royal Thai Air Force and our very own Royal Air Force have all recently placed multiple orders for the type?

So to all you aspiring cadets in the middle of applying or who have already got in to CTC, best of luck to you. As a cadet who's seen the best and the worst of NZ and who today sits quietly in the holding pool waiting for things to pick up (and they will pick up, this isn't the first time aviation has been ball deep in financial difficulty) I can tell you for free that the guys and girls who go through training with the right attitude by just getting on with the job in hand rather than moaning about things they can't control are the people who by far achieve the best results and get the most out of their time here.

As a little motivational boost to these people, I made a little tribute video to the UK phase of CTC training in Bournemouth. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. We all bitched in NZ, that's just life but ask any ex CTC cadet now who doesn't look back at the NZ and UK phase and say "actually yeah, that was #@$%ing awesome" Oh and any moaning at me and my (experienced) thoughts will go blissfully un-noticed, this is the first time i've been on this forum since the begining of 2007.

Last edited by cptcollins; 25th May 2009 at 15:29.