PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 12:16
lampoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Edenspace

Bro, may I suggest you make good of your interview opportunity. Don't talk about dropping the dream and raising the white flag even before the ball is kicked. Thousands of other hopefuls out there are dying to be in your shoes. You're abit pessimistic to mention about a possible future shortfall. You don't sound like you want in badly enough.

Begin reading up as much as you can about the industry, the company, airplanes and the sciences involved. Believing that you'll get through makes up half the ingredient for success. They won't bother calling you up for interview if they're not interested in you. My interview batchmate told me "Look, if they don't give me the job, heck I care. I just know I've given it my best and if they're still not happy about it, then it's too bad". As fate would have it, he did not make the cut, and I'm thankful too because next time I won't want to fly with someone like him.

I dunno how well prepared you are, but I hope your 100% isn't like the 100% my interview batchmate had. Good luck and I hope to see you soon in SQ. Cheers bud.