PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to hour build in Florida?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 11:52
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was doing my hour building again and could get a deal for dry hire like A and C has been talking about I wouldn't be going to FL again.

Pick up the plane with a fresh 50 hour check done.
4 bottles of oil in the back.
A tent.
A chart of Europe with all the places you can get avgas

And don't stop at France head south for 25 hours of flying and go for a Tapas in Gib then come back.

Then get another 50 hour done and don't stop at France and go for a moose burger in Lapland in the artic circle in Finland and back.

Might cost you a bit more but by hell if you get to an interview and get asked "Whats your most memorable experience in aviation so far?"

The interviewing Pilots are going to be so gobbed smacked you have actually done something with your hour building. And if your really lucky someone on the panel will run their own light aircraft. Jobs a goodun all those questions will disappear because they actually have someone who has done something interesting that they are jealous because they would want to do it.

Straight to the sim young man. And you can bet your last dollar that whoever will be running the sim will have heard of your trip.