PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet's final landing
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 09:13
Grounded Pine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Dead Wood

Mr Leach,

As I am a member of your dead wood, tossed aside to float aimlessly on a sea of nothingness I would like to take the opportunity to put forward an honest appraisal of our situation - I have nothing more to lose.

Ozjet pulled out of Norfolk Island on the 28th of April, just 1 month shy of its end of contractual obligations to the Norfolk Island Government and to their crew of 8. This occurred without any word from Management or any acknowledgement for the loyalty and dedication of their staff and still their has been NOTHING.

It is a shame now to see that the rest of the crew - and they are fantastic crew, the frontline men and women of the organisation are also left high and dried.

I am visiting Brisbane this weekend, perhaps Nick you might like to deem to meet with me and explain why it is that you believe it is ok to deprive our families of our income, whilst you duck for cover in the security of your lawyers and administrators. I personally am owed in excess of $8000, have 4 children and a large mortgage... maybe you would like to write a short note to my bank manager to explain the situation to her so that we dont lose our home.

Good on you Nick - hope you have no trouble sleeping at night because I am only one of the many staff that you employed and I have no doubt that we are all in the same situation.

We stuck by you Nick when times were tough and I'm disappointed that you didnt have the decency to do the same. My only respite is that Karma is tough and her teeth are sharp... Good luck - I think you might need it!