PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Longline comms tower construction. Hardest thing I've ever done. Any clues?
Old 25th May 2009, 08:42
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misunderstandings !

It seemed obvious to me LLD was an experienced utility pilot or he wouldn’t be flying a Huey down there…My presumption was that he only needed to work on finessing the final placement…...If he was not trained and capable, no-one would have giving him the machine to play with. Ozzie operators are generally fussy about who they let drive their machinery…

I knew the formula was a bad mistake as I wrote It but I’m currently reading a book full of formulae , and thought I’d give it a go!....That’ll teach me ;-)

RH…Agree totally re perception etc and as you said the downwash footprint won’t allow it with many machines. But again personally, I get spooked being too close to anything solid in case the machine has a hissy fit of some kind, and an attempted hovering auto or rpm recovery becomes the highlight of the day….I'm maybe slower than most and need to feel I can go east before I go south ;-))

170'