PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISA requirement for Thai Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 07:20
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schengen-VISA

It is also for Cockpit-Crew that some Asian Countries and part of the Russian Federation need a -Schengen-VISA-

I had a very "German Border Guard" who took it serious in Munich a while ago and did not accept the Crew-Registration -Card, issued by the Minestry of Justice, because according to the Chicago connvention it should be a -Crew -Member - Certificate, CRC. So all the Boy´s and Girls got the Passport stamped with a Tourist-entry for 90 days. Needless to say that Airlines do not leave the Crew there for 90 day´s....... But to have it correct: They where not Tourist´s either. Two day´s later the Guard on the Exit was pi..ed because he had to stamp about 22 Passports for the Departure to make sure it is documentet that nobody exceeded the 90 day period.

We can get things complicatet in our lives, some things can be very complicatet and when it comes to travel as Aircrew it is the Djungle of regulation you will pass. Arriving in China´s provinces is a serious act: Every Custom "King" needs a diffrent declaration, twice at least.

In 8 Years and 4 months I retire from active flying. The freedom is gone in this Job a while ago. Sometimes I feel like a relict leftover from the day´s of the Dinos.

Fly safe and land happy

NG