PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2009, 02:51
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how these temp crews from overseas will get by the NZ government and obtain work visa's so that they can work for a NZ company when pilots are not listed as a labour shortage in NZ. I really think Qantas and it's Jetstar subsidery have gone like a bull at a gate without even looking into NZ employment law. Oh dear.

Ahhh the irony, Poor old Jetstars masterplan is turning to shyte. Whats Brucie gonna do now? Classic watching this all unfold!

Piggy, thats exactly what I've been raving on about throughout all these Jetstar NZ threads. Capt's salaries have risen due to lack of interest. It still a long way off what the "industry standard" is. And yes so is Pac Blue and Jetconnect. We don't need these going any lower.

If FO's had held out, they to would have been well situated for better conditions. Jetstar have built a business case to operate in NZ on the Jetstar Australia model with their assossiated costs. If they came into the market offering fair T&C's as what are paid to Jetstar Aus employees, they wouldn't have this situation and it all wouldn't be crumbling around their ears. As I 've said, offering low terms and conditions have adverse affects! That is the same in any industry, not just aviation.

To the guys and gals out there that have said thanks but no thanks, hats off to you all.