PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar NZ News????
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 22:59
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pigdriver I'm really unsure exactly what contract you're referring to when you keep bantering around about Jetstar pays more than Pacific Blue or any other NZ airline? I'm afraid you're very illinformed.

You may be right with Capt's, but I guess thats why the Capt salary has slowly been creeping up to meet "MARKET RATES" Jetstar cant get Capt's! but they can get FO's eager for the first shot at the jets. 50% of Capt salary!!!

PACIFIC BLUE FIRST OFFICER base $91,500 plus duty time allowance of $4.20 for every hour at work. 180 seat airliner

JETCONNECT FIRST OFFICER base $89,000 plus $4.35 DTA and $100hr incentive over 65hrs. . 142 seat airliner

JETSTAR FIRST OFFICER base $65,000 plus what? 180 seat airliner.

Jetstar require $181 for a Pshyc assessment. Pay to do a sim assessment, pay for your medical, pay for your Jepps.

So please explain to me how Jetstar pay more and have better T&C's than Pac Blue or any other operator in NZ.

Just remember, people can go on about Pac Blue and Jetconnect initially having crappy conditions. Jetconnect was formed out of failed NZ airline and eventually taken over by Qantas. Pacific Blue was created for Pacific flights only and during a time when T&C's were already not very good in Virgin.

Jetstar is an established profitable QANTAS group airline with a current pilot CEA who is taking over an already established QANTAS group airline with a current CEA at T&C's far below the current NZ industry T&C's of any other NZ airline or that of the current T&C's for Jetstar Australia.

You can argue this point until the cows (or pigs ) come home but at the end of the day, you have no arguement. Well you have a very weak arguement. Plain and simple, exploiting workers in it's finest form.

Care to ellaborate Pigdriver?