PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC History
Thread: ATC History
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 18:47
Lon More

More than just an ATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete Bish was on D watch same time as me. He was obviously destined for greater things.
Going back even further, i think 4 of our year at luton Grammar?Sixth Form College ended up in ATC, Martyn Cooper, Vintage ATCO, someone whose name i've forgotten but also lived in Luton, and me.
After a disagreement"" with John ReynoldsI spent a couple of months on NMU at Gatwick before going down to Sopley. Some characters there, Pete underwood-Ground, Daphne Donkin, John Dancer. Went briefly back to LATCC, didn't even get into the Ops Room before dropping myself in it again on meeting our new ATCA1, Terry Thomas; You're having a laugh, was the original reaction; unfortunately out loud. TT was not reknowned for his SOH

I shared a flat with Jim Creegan in Luxembourg for several months. Despite the reactions here to his name he was a top bloke and a good controller .... as long as you saw things his way!!!

Later on, in Holland, we lived next to another pair of LATCC stalwarts, Bob and Jenny Ruffle.. Last i heard also gone their separate ways and Bob was at Shoreham

BTW oes anyone know how i could get my hands on Pete B's book?