PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines gone bust or collapsed?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 16:42
paulzenith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have copy pasted this from a Club 328 thread where someone asked when the BBC programme about the HBOS Reading branch (which funded CJS and other aviation companies) was coming out. I imagine several people on this site would also like to know as it will presumably explain why several airlines went bust.

BBC Radio programme

The BBC Programme is 'File On Four' radio 4, Tuesday 26 may at 8.00pm. and is repeated next Sunday at 5.00pm, although I imagine it will be available on the BBC website at any time after Tuesday. The story will also be broadcast across the BBC news channels on TV and radio on the same day.

Anyone who feels they have lost out because of the CJS, Club 328 or Euromanx debacles, may also like to know their is a Debate in the House Of Commons on the 2nd June (Tuesday week) specifically on the subject of the Reading Branch of Bank of Scotland and its treatment of small businesses - very relevant to several aviation companies. If you have been directly affected and want to support this debate, you should get your MP to contact James Paice who propossed it.

I cannot say what the BBC programme is actually about because I don't know the details and the BBC have been very protective of letting any thing slip out prior to broadcast. However, I do know they have been researching for 14 weeks and one of the Companies they have looked at in depth is CJS - the parent Company of Club 328, Euromanx, J.E.T.S . It's also the Company that lost BoS millions of pounds.