PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier crashes in Afghanistan pilot injured on ejection
Old 24th May 2009, 13:23
TreeGreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lovely sentiment Treegreen, but from the moment the aircraft "arrived" at the threshold (well nearly) and the undercarriage broke off the pilot was merely a passenger himself, fortunately he was at least pointing along the long straight thing with enough momentum to not stray too far off it; he made a good D to leave when the flames started to overtake him.

Sorry Mach I am definately not one who gets into these long and drawn out spelling competitions but I have been told that once an acft is scraping on the ground if there is sufficient speed that you still have a small amount of directional control through the rudder and thats what it seemed to me like he was doing but I am not a Harrier pilot and never have been so I stand under correction. I have since flown into Kandahar and you can definately see that the aircraft went from the right to left and then veered back to the right hand side before ejecting in front of me.