PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 11:37
bizjetsurprise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mark Davies and Mark Sedgely "Unique Air" fraud

Thanks for your reply Mike, I suspect that the reason nothing has been done is that they probably closed the company soon after the VAT refunds and once this has been done, the VAT office often does not do very much else. This is a very common business fraud, albeit usually on a smaller scale.

It is very hard to prosecute, I suspect, because you may have to prove that they intentionally planned all this. Their defence would be that they genuinely planned to do all these business things, and unfortunately the market turned against them and their company went bankrupt just in the middle of some serious transactions. How sad, etc etc.

But in this case we do have some proof that it was an intentional fraud, including a forged bank instrument proving they had enough funds to purchase all the aircraft they contracted for, etc. I believe there would be enough evidence to bring a successful case against Mark Davies and Mark Sedgely but I for one do not really have the time to dedicate to it. Somebody else would have to drive the process of pushing the authorities into action, and I would happily supply the evidence I have.