PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cri-Cri
Thread: Cri-Cri
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 11:13
WaspJunior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When did you get your plans & what did they cost then? I've heard that they're no longer available from the designer, although I have no information about the veracity of this rumour.
I got the plans from M. Colomban many years ago and have no recollection of what I paid although a quick Google suggests the last known price as being €208? I believe you are correct and that plans are no longer available and I further understand that some of the aluminium extrusions and other components are very hard to find.

What sort of things did you feel required more than basic sheet metal fabrication skills? Are there items that must be forged, milled or turned? Special tools? I've never even seen plans for a Cri-Cri so I'm a bit in the blind about what's needed.
I was just naive (and very young!) in thinking little aeroplane = little work! No superhuman skills are required although some components do need to be turned and machined. The wing skins are glued to the foam ribs and held in place with a vacuum bag until cured I seem to recall. The tolerances to work too were very strict as you can imagine with a wing area of just 34 square feet it has to be built very accurately. In short I did/do not have the patience for the many hundreds of hours work needed, having studied the 42 sheets of blueprints and read the construction manuals I have the utmost admiration for anybody who builds their own aircraft.