PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2009, 08:41
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Caz:
Chugalug 2

Perhaps we could have your perspective on the Aircraft Captain asking the Groundcrew to "have a look" at the avionics without indicating any unservicability in the Form 700 or raising any Incident Report?
Questions, questions, questions, as ever caz. For me, for flip, and a nudge for Beags to answer his. Busy, busy, busy, but little enough from yourself in return of course. I have no idea what is alleged to have happened pre departure, caz. Perhaps you have and can spell out what is known regarding servicing. If you know that the captain wanted someone to "have a look at" the avionics, then perhaps you know what if anything was then done and by whom. I have no reason to believe that the aircraft state was anything other "serviceable" for that flight. My contention, together with others, is serviceable it may well have been but airworthy it most certainly was not, in company with its sister Mk2's under the bizarre restricted RTS. It was Grossly Negligent of the Airworthiness Authority to have released it into service thus. The alleged Gross Negligence of the pilots has yet to be proved.