PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airways
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 21:38
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks... don't believe a word of what ibelieveicanfly is mumbling about. He has previous slated Libya as a place to work in and it is all false. There are far worse places to work in and I enjoy working in Libya. It is a safe place to live and work and largely immune to the economic turmoil that the rest of the world is facing.

I don't work for Afriqiyah but they are as good a bet as you will find at the moment. It is clear that the government has given them a blank cheque to allow them to expand and working for a large state owned airline in a stable economic environment will give you job security in these times. There will be far more foreigners coming and this will only be the start. I have no contact details but give them a phone and try and see if you can speak to someone since I am sure they will be glad to hear from you if you have a valid Airbus rating. Getting a validation for a foreign licence can be obtained very quickly so the logistics are perhaps easier than for some other countries!

Edited to say that I heard that Afriqiyah have apparently made an an offer to all the Libyans who are working at Qatar: Come back to Libya and we will match the salary that Qatar gave you!

Last edited by Mister Geezer; 23rd May 2009 at 23:42.