PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to hour build in Florida?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:28
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to the two posts above

Adam75

Thank you for your eliquent and informative reply it has added new depth and understanding to this subject, I am sure that hours builders will value your contribution.

Youngskywalker

Having an FAA CPL/IR including about 2000 hours flying for a part 121 airline I think I that you are correct about learning from the americans, I enjoyed my time in the USA (apart from tha appauling TV!) but I can see it for what it is, the rock bottom price aircraft are death traps when and if they fly, to get a good aircraft you will pay about 50% more. The weather is not as good as some would like you to understand.
I don't think that I have a lot of misconseptions about flying in the USA and see the advantages of both sides of the Atlantic.
What I do want hours builders to think about is the options, in the UK a lot of people go on about "rip-off UK" and let that cloud the judgment.

They think that hours are just for the logbook and get back to the UK to find that they are totaly unprepaired for the CPL flight test in a UK enviroment resulting in more money spent training to get up to standard for the test.

With the fall in the value of the pound the USA is becoming a marginal option on cost and I think that this has tipped the balance in the direction of Europe at the moment, don't get me wrong flying in the USA will still be fun but just as much fun can be had by heading south in Europe just two days of hour building can take you from the UK to Spain. Why not do that....... the food is better!