PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:18
davejb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes TD does overdo it,
not being as familiar with the aircraft itself as some he does, on occasion, make a mountain out of a molehill. Personally I think that he's entitled to do so, not only because he lost his son but because I honestly believe that without his continual banging on about the Nimrod the MOD would most definitely have tried to sweep it all under the carpet. I believe that Nimrod today is a lot safer than it would have been without TD's (and others) efforts and outrage.

I suspect, but have no way of knowing, that Nimrod is currently safe - that TD is now making a mountain from a molehill - but I think we should perhaps bear in mind that a lot of people thought the same back when he was making a mountain out of a mountain....

I think TD has earned rather more patience - yes, sometimes what he writes annoys me too, but I'll put up with that in exchange for the birght light he and others have shone in dark corners. Perhaps we might all remember that as professionals we all blithely flew around with (essentially) an unprotected source of combustion in close proximity to a fuel supply for an awful long time, knowing sweet fanny adams about it at all - you can only be professional with the knowledge you actually have, you cannot offset lack of knowledge with professionalism, the world doesn't actually work like that.

Dave