PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buy a life jacket to practice with?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:05
NutLoose

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,273 Posts
Buy a life jacket to practice with?
I realise that each time it's used, it would probably have to be popped and fixed with a patch, but if it's only for a bit of practice, I don't see the problem. I have a few friends who are going through training soon, so would be useful to have something like that to get a bit of practice on.

Cheers

CS
Get one off ebay. they're on there regularly.

Aircraft Life Jacket on eBay, also, Aircraft Parts, Aircraft Aviation, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 24-May-09 18:32:10 BST)

As for popping them.... cringe..... Ok when you service them you inflate them, to deflate it get something hollow like a bic pen outer, push the end of the pin down in the middle of the schrader valve in the mouth piece inflation tube to let the air out, then to get it totally flat again to be able to re roll it up hold or tape the open end of the pen tube in the accessory suction pipe most carpet hoovers come with these days and it will suck it totally flat......... your bottle is going to only work for one inflation, but you may find some of the smaller soda stream type ones will fit for training, but dont use one bigger than the one it comes with!! or just manually blow it up., Your maintenance organisation may well have life expired bottles you can get hold of from them, as they get changed on a time period.

Hope that helps