PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blast from the Past: Eastwest Airlines
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:02
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinky and Buster - the Loco Bloko has entered the building!

Hi everyone.

EW did indeed operate MEL MGB ADL in the 80's. It was not an overly successful service, as we had to park half way to Hackham at ADL.

During a pilots strike when I was seconded to Melbourne we were picking up AN and TN MEL ADL passengers on coupon value. One dude on a United ticket in First Class asked for a rebate. I told him I would bvlock out the seat next to him, sat him in the back row (propellor first) and worded up the girls not to let him off sober.

When the aeroplane returned I got the report that they had one happy camper who needed assistance to the terminal. Disgraceful

There was an earlier mention of the dog on the ID card - that would be Mad Mike. He also cut the Crown off his wings as he was not a royalist. Gotta love that.

An idiot savant with the F27 and the F28. He could fly the rivets off them and holds the SYD DPO record at 70 minutes chock to chock. It was EWG (F28-3000) from memory and they passed above a TN SYD MEL 727 at one stage.

One of my staff Lance Baldock was abord that flight. He looked down as they breezed past the 727.

I was on the deck, and the girl must have been coming over 300 knots on downwind, washed off on turn to base leg - fastest i have ever seen in the DPO circuit.

Abeles had to buy us as our 1st 3 F100s were rolling down the production line at Schipol, and that silver haired slime bucket with the junkie daughter delayed the processes that would have allowed us to move upward.

May the latter soon join the former.

best all

EWL