PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Formation lead changes
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 08:04
H Peacock

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, following my earlier post of accepting that there were times when renumberring was appropriate and times when it wasn't, I was a bit taken aback by the posts of a few of the usual Prune 'extremists' with their hard-over response that renumbering was simply incorrect; full stop; the end! Thankfully a few of the more experienced aviators have added to the debate by confirming that there is indeed a place for renumberring. Glad we sorted that.

Now, as for :
Absolutely correct. You are not allowed to change the formation leader..... you can change formation positions but not the leader
I'm not sure that I agree.

The Form Ld is always that pilot who signed the auth sheets for the FORM
Again, not sure where that comes from. Each ac captain must sign out, and the auth may well be on the gnd all day and play no part in the airex.

Also:

Bearing in mind that the training system is imparting the skills and knowledge to be used for the rest of the aviator's career why should we over-complicate it by having one set of rules during training followed by a new set when that training is put into practise?
Does this imply we need just a single set of RAF SOPs?. Should we add 'Wing Sweep' to the Tucano Pre-landing checks?? Or 'Nozzle' position in the after landers??? Oops, now I've gone a bit too extreme!