PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - dilhemma, uni or pilot?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009, 05:58
knucklebreaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dilhemma, uni or pilot?

Hey fellas,

I'm new to this forum and still got lots to learn. Lovin' this forum already.

Anyways, like most if not all of you, i too want to be a pilot. but a question thats been pondering my mind recently, is whether i should aim to be a CX pilot all the way now, or finish my current bcom degree first. the problem is i still have 2 years to go. if ur going to ask why im doing a degree knowing that i want to enter the aviation industry, well the answer is: i find business pretty fascinating and having a degree is the norm nowadays..

I sent in my apps for CX and KA last week. knowing how competitive their cpp programs are, im not counting on getting anything. BUT and IF, this is a huge IF, i miraculously get some kind of offer, what should i do? drop uni? what if i dont make it at the end of the program and get kicked out half way? i'd end up with nothing.

any thoughts? questions about my future has been giving me headaches recently. its like having a huge identity crisis lol.

oh one more question, when should i expect to hear from them? i read some of you heard back within 1 and 2 weeks!

hope to hear from you guys.