PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Puma floats deployed in flight
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:23
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure what all the fuss is about "AccidentalInflation" has happened before and will happen again I am sure.

I do not know what caused this one.....but does it really matter!!!

If it was technical - it will get fixed.

If it was errant finger (which I seriously doubt) - Big deal.

They worked!!!

Good enough for me.

Can't help remembering several years back when my 3 year old son stood up on the back seat of an AS355 (My trusty Air Ambulance) and poked his tiny little finger through the nice bright shiny red button in the roof panel and .......................F...KIN BIG BANG!!!!!

£2,500 for a new fire bottle squib and a very embarrassed Chief Pilot (Me) having to explain that one to my Ambulance Boss.

To add insult to injury my Dad (who was very ill at the time) was in the front seat getting some 5 star bull**** from his hero Air Ambulance son (me) all but **** his pants with fright and pulled the bloody door off trying to get out.

Also many years back flying as talking ballast in S61 with a real nasty piece of work P1, not allowed to fly cos I am crap, can't play with the radios cos it's his callsign...kind of thing.

Flying back in the dark, bored and nervous I began to twiddle idly with the yellow RADALT BUG alert light cover as it seemed very satisfying to rotate it between my finger and thumb...like a pert young nipple it was...until TWANG!!! the flipping thing came loose and in doing so ejected a bulb, a spring and a washer (none of which were found) in a glittering shower of sparks that filled the cockpit, upstaged only by me snatching back my now burning fingers from the offending assembly and in the process hauling back the cyclic so hard the P1s face hit the dashboard and the howl of anguish from the pax drowned out the hitherto comforting hum of engines and rotors.

This incident serving to justify entirely the P1s view of my professional demenour and overall contribution to the world of aviation.

My only comfort being that it took him a full ten minutes to recover before he vented his considerable wrath in my direction.

Fingers...bliss for some women.....music for many...deadly when stuck on the wrong hands!! Some knobs should simply never be played with!!