PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any available Cap-10b's ?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2002, 07:25
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own one third of G-BXFE and am glad that Skua enjoyed flying her. There are a couple of 10bs coming up for sale at the moment, and my group is considering forming another group, with our company taking a fourth share, and three keen aerobatic PPLs taking the others. Running costs would be partly mitigated by running the aircraft on a public CofA as an aerobatic training aircraft, which is how we run G-BXFE. Email me if interested. Otherwise, talk to Bob Cole, who is Mr Cap 10. He will be getting some 10bs in exchange for 10cs over the next year or so.

I have found the Cap 10 to be an almost perfect combination of trainer/tourer and aerobatic mount. It must be one of the best all round private owner aircraft on the market. Capital costs reflect this, but running costs are reasonable.

The 10c will indeed be wonderful, but is naturally a lot more expensive. The previous post may have implied, perhaps unintentionally , that the 10b is unsafe. It isn't: the French and several other airforces used it for years, with a good safety record. Sure, the wings will fall off if you pull beyond 6g, but why would you do that if not into extreme aeros?

Last edited by FNG; 15th May 2002 at 10:53.