PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No RPT LAME requirement
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2002, 07:07
AN LAME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checkboard

That is not how it is with the current regs. The reason it DOES happen under the current regs is through the lack of training of CASA District Office AWIs in interpretation of those regs together with those regs being a piece of ambiguous cr@p. This then causes them to issue approvals which in fact contravene those regs.

Kanga767

Its also very expensive to have an FO sitting on his @arse holiding the PICs hand( and even though I'm a thickhead engineer, I have heard of CRM etc. Pity we don't get trained as welll as yourself). I only say this to try and get a message across to some of the more gungho of you flyboys.
I am intelligent enough to respect the work of others who carry out tasks that are not in my field of endeavour. Pity there are a few of you about who are unprofessional enough to not pay us the same courtesy.
airsupport you are excepted from this comment. However, it's not over till the fat lady sings!

For further interest, ICAO require a maintenance release to be issued before EVERY flight and that return to service must be certified by an ANNEx 1 person, i.e in the Australian civil system - by a LAME licenced on type. Hence CASA are being pressured to move away from an International Standard by the QF & DJ beancounters.