PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not interested in Jet republic?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:18
hawker750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merlinxx

The reason people are sceptical and they have every reason to be is that there are plenty of established charter companies who have seen start ups like this tooooo many times. They all think they have found the golden way to do it. What happens is they f.......k up the market for a couple of years and then go bust having done the industry no favours in the meantime. Bluestream was the last one that tried. The effect of that lot going bust owing millions was for the likes of Multi Service and Signature to withdraw credit facilities to most of it's customers. (All except Netjets actually) so tarring everyone with the same brush. Each new failure puts up our costs.
This business model is flawed. It will not work. To capitalise a company with about the same capital as British Airways is absurd. Selling shares in the wrong aircraft is ridiculus. Warren Buffet and the board of Net Jets must be p........ing themselves with laughter.
I simpathise with out of work pilots, I really do, but when the slimmest possibilty of a job appears they put their beer goggles on.

Put simply, too many people get into this Industry for the wrong reasons, they think it is sexy, flashy, and a way to get rich quick, when in reality it is just hard graft. I would not recommend putting your mum's pension into this scheme.