PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 22nd May 2009, 13:56
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FE Hoppy
I take it you don't believe in Human Rights or that the RAF/MOD has a duty of care. Perhaps you think the families of the Six Red Caps killed by a mob in Iraq in 2003 because they had been given antiquated radios and inadequate ammunition shouldn't complain about it.

As Reg Keys, who lost his son Tom was one of the Redcaps said, their deaths had been caused by negligence.

"Yes, we accept the risk a soldier takes.

"For goodness' sake, give them the equipment to do their job.

"To withhold that equipment and send them into a hostile town boils down to a lack of duty of care and a cavalier attitude to the safety of these men."

Does his crusade dishonour those who have fought and died ?

You remind me of Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup) in the film A Few Good Men part of his speech was"
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"