PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 12:53
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alas a probationary ppruner has posted here - it all gets interesting. And a fellow countryman at that.

For me as I have stated many times, I am purely concerned with Filipino and other nationalities who are embarking on the CIA MPL without some form of sponsorship/guarantee from an airline like 5J.

The MPL in its current state is flawed. No airline in the world accepts an MPL cadet unless they were taught with their own SOP's and also the aircraft the airline flies. This is the whole essence and attractiveness of the MPL - a ready made pilot who on Day 1 of joining the airline can fly in the RHS of that particular aircraft.

Regardless of the mismanagement that has occurred at CIA, whether it be in Manila or in a London HQ, the simple case is that the fundamental flaw of the generic MPL course has not been addressed. That flaw and subsequent concern will always be there - regardless of the management.

This NEEDS to be addressed.

It doesn't matter whether CIA fixes its management, and all cadets are taking 10 months to complete an MPL and everyone is happy blah blah blah.... NO AIRLINE will take a generic MPL cadet straight out of school.

With an MPL, you CAN NOT fly GA to build hours! So you are ed either way! When will people realise this!

Next time I visit my dad in the Philippines, shall I take a trip up to Pampanga and stand outside with a megaphone shouting out everything I have said?