PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISA requirement for Thai Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 11:49
ZWsquare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VISA requirement for Thai Aircrew

Hi All,

I am a little confused by the VISA required for an aircrew holding Thai Passport. I am going to start flying for an Airline in afew months (not Thai Airways). I know that I need to apply for US C1/D Visa and UK Visa in order to operate a flight to those 2 places. But what about Schengen Visa? I checked out the the website for France Embassy. And it says:

Airline crew member visa
Valid for Schengen area
You must apply at the Consulate of France in person.
ATTENTION - In certain cases, the processing time is 3 weeks for the issuance of a visa.
Because their countries are NOT signatories of the Chicago Convention of December 7th, 1944, on civil aviation, only the following nationals require a visa as a crew member;
Albania Mongolia Belize Samoa Bhutan St Kitts & Nevis Dominica Tuvalu Hong Kong
However, because of reciprocity, the following countries also require a visa as crew members:
  • Israel
  • United States of America
However, just for precaution, I emailed the German Embassy and their reply was that I need to apply for Schengen Visa even though I will be operating a flight there as an aircrew.
This left me confused. So do I need one?
Hope someone especially any Thai Pilot can hlep me on this. My company's admin staff were not able to give me any advice because I am apparently the only Thai Pilot in the company now.

Thank you very much..