PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a pleasant flight
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 10:30
frequentflyer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. Now I'm going to make myself very very unpopular but before I do could I just say I really appreciate what cabin crew do; I fully appreciate they are there primarily for my safety and I always thank them as I leave the aircraft.
I also understand they have to deal with some very unpleasant passengers and I do not expect them to stand at the front and sing 'Welcome Home' with beatific smiles on their faces like Peters and Lee (most of you are probably too young to remember them) every time I fly.
HOWEVER, let me ask you all a question.
How would you feel under the following circumstances?
You book an overnight stay with your partner at a nice hotel paying the full cost of £218 in advance.
You arrive at the restaurant for breakfast only to be told there's going to be a two hour delay for 'hotel operational reasons'.
When you eventually get into the dining room the waiter or waitress stamps up and down and after showing you the buffet chucks a cup on to a chair beside you.
He or she then proceeds to bang cupboard doors as loudly as possible and announces there will be no tea or coffee because his or her work rota has been mucked up in some way and there was no time to organise it.
You nip out to visit the bathroom and on the way back see the waiting staff sitting at the rear of the dining room enjoying a cup of tea or coffee.
You mildly query the situation and you're told to remember these people have had to work longer hours than expected, are tired, haven't had any refreshments and because of these circumstances have missed time with their friends and families.
Be honest. How would you feel?