PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Licencing vs Civilian Licencing
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2002, 05:09
FishHead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL is about all you will get for free.
IRT is not transferrable.

When you think about it, getting endorsements 'gratis' is probably a bad way to go. I personally believe there are enough differences between civvy and mil flying to justify making you go through the tedium of a proper endorsement process.

That goes for IRTs in some ways as well I guess.... although having gone through the process of getting an IREX etc done, I reckon you should be able to get at least military renewals on your civvy IRT.

Don't forget, the pig driver (if you want to go lowest common denominator) blatting around with the coffe maker dude next to him has got some significantly different equipment and a hugely different environment to deal with than the same guy in a Duchess working single pilot with the eldest rug-rat next to him and the wife in the back seat nursing the youngest ruggie as he vomits into a convenient Coles bag....
(That sentence was way too long, but be ******ed if I can work out where the full stop should go!)

If all else fails, wait for your first ground job, then use the Government credit card to go out and get all the endorsements, IRTs and other quals you want! (Keeping to within the credit limit of course)