PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a pleasant flight
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:33
BYALPHAINDIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think 'IT'S TIME' the CAA put their 'Foot Down' with the 'Loco's and how they are 'Racing' around like 'Mad People' to get their jobs done in an 'Unsafe' and 'Dangerous' manner.

Their is 'No possible way' an average human being can work upto 14 hours without getting tired, Moody, And maybe sometimes unsafe when operating a flight without 'Adequate food & rest'?

So really, I think the CAA should lay down the law to EZY, FR, LS etc and demand that they 'Allow' - a big word - at least 30 minutes for an aircraft to be 'Safely' turned around on a gate?

What is happening is EZY & FR especially are 'Operating Dangerously' and getting away with making their crews 'Race' around upto their threshold levels just to earn the 'Big bosses' more money etc.

There should be some kind of CAA law which dictates at least 30 minutes, Not 25, Not 20 or even 15 minutes a simple 30 minutes to 'Allow' for the operation to run safely.

If the CAA does not do anything about this ongoing problem, Then it is only time before a 'Major' accident/incident will happen, And then who will be injured and killed then = The pax and the hardworking crew & Airport staff - Not the MD & Board of dictators!!

FR are flouting the 20 or even 15 minute turnarounds and nobody ie the Airport or even the CAA are expressing concerns about safety?

The situation will never improve if there is no concerns expressed by the appropriate management at the CAA or the airports themselves.

There are only 24 hours in a day - Everybody needs to 'Slow down' and perform their jobs in a timescale that is smooth & safe for everyone on the flight.

Not many pilot's can 'THOROUGHLY' do the walkround check, Scan the cockpit instruments, Check the Nav & weather etc, And the constant paperwork to go with it in 20 minutes surely?

If they do, Then it 'Beggars belief' that there has been no 'Major' accidents upto press (Anyway)!!

The walkround is nearly 10 minutes on it's own if done 'Thoroughly'

I have heard of some flight crews 'Not bothering' to do a walkround on certain sectors in a busy day?

I'm not surprised at that, Given that they are on this 'Appauling' time limitation from their bosses who are sat in their 'Comfy' offices!!

So really, To 'Race' around doing your job is putting everyone including yourself at risk of an incident or even a 'Major' incident?

I agree CC should display a good character if not all of the time, But when they work for a 'Loco' then there patience is pressed even more than what it would be working as CC in general.

The other potential 'Knock-on' effect is when they eventually finish work and go and get in their car, They are tired, Pi**ed off, And maybe not concentrating 100% on their actual driving?

What happens then - BANG!! they are involved in an RTA on the way home, And this could involve other innocent people?

So my message is that I think it's time the CAA channeled their interests at EZY FR & the other loco's who are 'Slave' driving their crews upto 14 hours a day 'Roll on - Roll off'.

To those who are 'Happy' or disagree with what I am saying to race around operating a 'Public' service flight then I think it is only a matter of time before a disaster strikes?

That's most of the 'Non loco carriers' 'Allow' time to turnaround a 17 million pound 757 in 1 hour and 15 minutes - Not 20 minutes!!

(I would rather land 10 minutes late than land 10 minutes dead!!)

So the solution is what I have just said.

You have a 90% chance of making a mistake when you are in a rush??

CAA = PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN!!