PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 21st May 2009, 21:53
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fergineer
Ramblings? I was not aware I was rambling just infoming people of facts and letting them make their own minds up with full knowledge. My son and all those on board XV230 did not have full knowledge. they were not aware the aircraft had not been airworthy for 30 odd years( Bob Ainsworth is on record saying this). The were not aware that there were un-insulated pipes in dry bay 7, fuel leaks had quadrupled over a five year period etc..etc....

I am pleased you enjoyed your RAF career, my son had his cut short by one of these fuel leaks that you appear to trivialise.

Leon Jabachjabicz

I have never had a car with a fuel leak but if I did I would take it straight to a garage and get it fixed before I drove it again.

Why people continue to defend the MOD/RAF over safety and airwothiness when two thirds of the fleet are grounded and the MoD have admitted they failed in their duty of care and were negligent defies comprehension