PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a pleasant flight
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 21:15
bright star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flybe

Im sorry everyone but i have to jump into the defence here...the flybe crew would have more than likely worked a 6 sector day ..which could have taken their day up to nearly a 15hour duty if they were late by 2 hours.

Regarding crew eating ,they only get crew food if they work over a 6 hour duty so i think after going without food for 6 hours they are entitled to grab something to eat..they are only human

Boarding music,well its a pain but we are told to play it and yes i know its not to everyone taste but we cant please everyone.

No bar service for the passengers due to aircraft swop...this is a nightmare as 90% of the time the flights are manual bars and the paperwork is hell.you have to shut a bar down which is ALOT of work on short flights,then disembark passengers..check the cabin ,do seat pockets ,have a handover to another crew,jump onto another aircraft, do security check,seatpockets,check and organise catering prepare paperwork and board passengers all within 20mins of landing...

Overhead lockers well they are a pain but passengers are the worst offenders they stuff them full ,dont care how they put their items in and then leave us to try get them shut when they are crammed full.plus how many times have you seen a passenger reach into an overhead locker and leave it open midflight.

The Dash is a very noisy a/c and i leave it to the flight deck when it comes to pushback,speed and runways as they are the experts and will not do anything delibrately to endanger anyone

Also regarding the stroppiness of the crew well if that was true then they are out of order as it costs nothing to be polite but please dont be quick to judge as i can guarantee they have taken alot of abuse already for the flight being delayed ,and being spoken to like a piece of trash does get you down...iv even had passengers complaining that we are arriving early....sometimes we just cant win...but finally i do apologise that you had a bad experience but i promise that was a rare one as the vast majority of the crew and flight deck are lovely.