PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First British Astronaut
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 21:12
Front Seater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done Tim. Truly deserved by a top bloke. I knew him when he worked with the first AH AMTAT and he was instrumental in the team that made AH what it is today.

But lets not be to hasty here....

He is longer a AH Major, he is acivilian Test Pilot for Agusta Westlands, having left the AAC a few months ago. To take it a step further the AAC did absolutely nothing to help him - and when I mean nothing, I am not too sure if the hierarchy even knew that he was doing it, and were even concerned that he was steadily progressing through the selection process.

I am chuffed to NAAFI break for him and his family - but sadly this is yet another case of one of the cream pilots of the Corps not having his career aspirations met by an AAC that is happy to let people leave/transfer rather than follow a career in and around the cockpit.

I am surprised that the Agusta Westland PR machine isn't making more of this great success story for the company, rather than letting ArmyPR take the limelight. Infact I do know - all of the Augusta Westland PR is conducted by its Italian office so isn't really interested in UK stuff (take note - possible wider lesson for the future).

Well done we are all very proud.