PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair threatens it's pilots, again.
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 20:12
Kilo-club SNA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, here is my 2c!

you guys who critisize the ryr pilots keep in mind that it's easy to join a union if it's already established. It's a wole different deal to start one from scratch!

I feel sympathy with the ryr pilots. I am sure most of you would like more transparant contracts and over all better relations but unfortunally you won't get it without a challange.

There are huge benefits associated with being organised and represented, and I'm not talking of industrial actions or threatening your management but just like it's hard to get a politician to listen it's hard to get a management to understand just how important some things are for you.

but fundamentally you don't need BALPA or whoever, you just need to represent yourself, as long as you do it together. it is much to easy to ignore x hundred/ thousand pilots but if you can put reasonable goals and suggestions on a piece of paper and say 90% of the pilots are fully behind this you will have result. lower middle manager might not agree to it but as long as it's sensible upper management knows that there is nothing to gain by ignoring thier employees.

Regarding the fees. Don't worry about them they are worth every penny if only for the legal protection involved. If you were a builder, doctor or whatever you would want liability insurance. for me that's why I pay my fees anything else is a plus

Wee what a rant that turned out to be! Sorry guys but I hope you can pull together. Just don't expect anyone to do it for you but you will have support

over and out!