PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 21st May 2009, 19:42
fergineer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
And why shouldnt you wait for that argument.......and its not argument its fact.......Do you still fly on your holidays.....well the aircraft that you fly in will no doubt be flying with fuel leaks......the bus that you take will probably have a fuel leak, they are a fact of life. Any aircraft whose wings flex that much when getting airbourne will get fuel lleaks. Proffesional aircrew will find these fuel leaks at various stages in their career...professional groundcrew will also find them and will fix them if and when they get to a stage deemed dangerous. You sir have suffered a loss.....I lost friends on the aircraft and on other aircraft but if I were still serving would make my own decision on wether to fly not listen to your ramblings......You have had your time please let the guys get on with what they know and let them fly in what they consider a safe aircraft. I had 25 years flying RAF aircraft and flew for 4 civillian airlines......all had fuel leaks all professional people assessing them and all had decisions to make, they still do. Let it rest.