PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot caught smelling of alcohol at LHR
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 15:03
Bronx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YHZChick
Are we going to wait for the facts to be in before we go splashing his name around and dragging his reputation through the mud this time?
I guess you knew the answer to that question was gonna be No.
But until there is concrete evidence, I'm witholding judgment and assuming the pilot's innocence.
Yep, the only sensible thing to do but there's never any shortage of idiots happy to do the opposite.

Caudillo
Being over the limit does not necessarily imply drunkenness.
True. That's been explained over and over in every alcohol thread we've had but however many times it's explained there'll always be folk who haven't got the brains to understand it.

One Outsider
There are far too many people far too willing and quick to judge.
There certainly are.

sitigetfelt
Better them than the coroner.
From smelling of alcohol to coroner in one move.
Have you thought of writing for the movies?

AnthonyGA
This includes those who think it's okay to drink as long as you remain below some arbitrary legal limit.
Since "some arbitrary legal limit" is either zero or almost zero depending on the law of the state are you saying all pilots should be tee-total?

Would you care to explain why you think it's not okay for pilots to drink alcohol when they are off duty provided they are below the legal limit when they go to work.

Intoxicated?
I thought of trying to explain that being over the aviation alcohol limit doesn't mean someone's intoxicated but decided it would be a waste of time.

B.

Last edited by Bronx; 21st May 2009 at 15:38.