PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Equipment for flying
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 23:14
Elliot Moose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with the hugmonster on this one. I just flew the blue spruce route in a CRJ in a very expensive set of Senneheisers (lightweight airliner type) with the noise cancelling and the whole nine yards. The guy beside me wore a different brand of similar quality and by the time we made Munich we were both cursing.
The DC h10-13.4's that I have would have left me with odly smushed hair, but waaaay more comfort. I've had mine since I started flight school (I got a deal on them at Oshkosh) and never looked back. I have logged over 12hrs flying in a Caravan in the bush and never had the urge to take them off, and the noise levels were just fine even in an uninsulated 748 freighter. I have tried quite a few others, and while some felt okay, they didn't do too much to protect your ears. The rest just seemed to cause chafing
The only ones I have tried which matched for comfort and protection at all were Bose ANC's, but they took up more of the cockpit than my swollen head (I looked like Mickey Mouse in them), and they ate batteries like candy. Not worth $800 IMHO