PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st May 2009, 14:42
asheng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Living and working with EK

Guys,

I've just been offered a positon with EK. However, theres a process to go through and at the moment its only at the start of that.

Whilst I like the idea of working out in Dubai with EK, it is attractive and on the face of it the T+C's seem pretty good can anyone give me an honest opinion of what its like working and more importantly living in Dubai.

As far as working for EK is concerned, I've worked around the world and all companies have there good points and bad. The working enviroment seems ok and as I currently work for a rather large European airline I've seen both the good and the not so and honestly feel that lifes what you make of it. You can either sit and moan (and get on everyones ****) or get on and change it (Move) if you feel like it.

I have no real reason to complain about my current position or the company I work for. I know what they are and know what they expect and they pay me very well for my efforts. Its my choice to stay or go. When this opportunity came up I looked at it and thought maybe I would like to take it further, just for me.

However, as I say I'd like some idea of what its like to live and work in Dubai. I'm single but have ties in the UK but eventually would like to take my future family with me but thats some time in the future.

Please be honest and frank and if you can help I would very much appreciate any input that people are willing to give,

Many thanks