PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Puma floats deployed in flight
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 14:40
Blind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
helimutt, I have refused to post on Pprune for about 2 years for a few reasons but you should know better than to ask that question so I feel the need to post!

First of all; there is NO need for speculation. The crew returned quite happily and they confirmed the floats deployed without any crew intervention. This is backed up by the fact that the frangiable cover on the button is still intact. So you speculated for no need whatsoever, just ask a straightfoward Qu & it would have been answered

By simply asking that here will just give those ppruners who know nothing something to speculate on.

Also I don't understand why you think it has anything to do with the AP decoupler. Hmmm A small round button on the cyclic Vs a big square covered button below the strip panel and both used at different phases of flight. People do (not in this case) make mistakes and I for one, will never criticise them, but I find it sad you immediately jumped to that conclusion even though you actually work for CHC.

Get a grip, all experienced pilots know tech problems happen every day, some are just more visible than others.

GKaplan Thankyou for asking the same questions!!

Goodness gracious, Pumas are quite happy to fly with floats.

NO BIG DEAL!!