PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a pleasant flight
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 09:53
AirborneSoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is assuming of course that the original post was a completely objective, emotionally detached and factual account of events. It is human nature to recall events coloured by our own reactions and perceptions at the time.

Everyone has a different idea on what it slamming, what is throwing etc... My neighbours have relatives that sound like an invading army everytime they visit. I am extremely annoyed by the loud banging and yelling in the apartment block. Yet my neighbours think this is perfectly normal behaviour.They even encourage the grandchild yell at the top of his lungs because they are delighted by it and think it's entertaining. I often wonder what planet they are from.

As I said, personal perception is everything and it's possible that these events are larger in the poster's eyes then they were to others on the same flight. It's all a matter of what pushes your personal buttons.

As far crew eating when there is no service to passengers? Hardly wrong, crew don't get meal breaks and rarely have a chance to eat anything at all. If they have a few minutes in which to consume their only meal of the day then so be it. If there was an aircraft change and a delay it's highly likely that catering was not loaded (it's often cut to try and make up time and not cause further delays) and that is the real reason why a service was not provided.