PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a pleasant flight
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 08:59
Michael Birbeck

Professionalism?

I have never wandered onto this forum before and am not a cabin crew member but was taken aback by some of the posts here. IMHO there is no justification for anyone to slam anything or stamp up and down an aircraft like some prima donna. I appreciate that the pressures and irritations may be great but surely professionalism, no matter what the underlying issues are, should be the watchword. If someone can't show a calm demeanour at the outset how likely are they to maintain a calm organised approach when the chips are really down, like in an aircraft evacuation in the face of an aircraft fire for example.

As for the comment

Lockers can be closed and then 'firmly but gently' pushed until they 'click' secure. Oddly enough, as most pax are asked to close them when full and don't, the 'slam' method comes to the fore as a 'why don't you do as your told' reminder.
I partly agree. Truth is most people would close them but don't appreciate that they are full or expect one or more people after them to use the locker. Slamming the locker as 'why don't you do as your told' reminder is surely just puerile and sets the tone for an antagonistic approach from all who witnessed the "example".