PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not a pleasant flight
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 23:33
tiggerific_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

FrequentFlyer2

Have you tried closing the lockers on the Dash? They're awful, and more often than not, you have to bang them shut so that they stay shut - as you saw one came open - common occurrence on the dash.
Having catering removed from the aircraft is a pain in the ass, especially when it is last minute. There is a lot of paperwork that needs to be done to accompany the bars when they are removed from the aircraft, and at short notice it is extra stress - especially when it is a manual bar and there are no computers on board.
I doubt that the crew member would have been purposely stomping up and down the cabin - the floors are pretty hollow underneath and so that can make a difference to the sound of someone walking up and down the cabin in heels as opposed to flat shoes.
I also very much doubt that the crew would have had fish and chips. Maybe it was a fellow passenger who had some kind of hot food that they had purchased in the terminal? It is a rareity to have the chance to get off the aircraft on turnaround to get food, and more often than not it would be a sandwich as opposed to hot food, as not everywhere in airport terminals do take away hot food.
As for the mobile phone - it should be switched off. Why he wasn't told - I don't know. Maybe he was told, but was so drunk he didn't understand? It may have been that he seemed fine upon boarding - once you are airborne, the altitude can enhance the effects of alcohol very quickly, thus making him seem more drunk.
If the boarding music is too loud, then please don't hesitate to ask for it to be turned down. Most of us dislike it, but have no choice about playing it. And also it's difficult to gauge how loud it is in the cabin when you're stood next to an open door with lots of aircraft noise blocking it out.
As you also mentioned, your flight was two hours late. It's a possibility that the crew had had their duty extended. There has been disruption recently, and they have been doing this to people, and when you're tired and have been working hard, haven't seen your family/friends, have had to cancel plans, it does annoy you. Especially when you don't get any thanks for working over. We have to suffer the delays and sit in the airport too. A lot of the time, when there are delays, passengers are rude towards cabin crew, even though the delay is not personally our fault, passengers treat it as if it is. It could be weather or technical problems, something that is out of our hands. When you're trying to be nice to people, and all you get back is rudeness, it's very demoralising and makes you wonder why you bother in the first place.
I hope this answers some of your questions and makes you see things from a different perspective. And I hope that next time, you have a much better flight