PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi regional
Thread: bmi regional
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 17:53
oapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Threadcreep

i found bilderbergers views were correct and also amusing.
Sorry, but at the risk of creeping this thread one last time, I have to disagree. OK, amusing maybe on JetBlast, where if you venture in, you do so at your own peril, but on a serious thread in a serious forum, name-calling and abuse guided by an extreme point of view is just not on.

As regards to the implication that newcomers to the industry and those in hold pools are only there because they've sponged their way there is bizarre. Agreed, there are always people lucky enough to get everything paid for them, but in my experience they are not the majority. Sadly these days if you're going to be a pilot, expect to cough up cash, to schools, to doctors, to the CAA, to employers, whatever, but who's fault is that?

Caning those that pay for their own rating or even to go for the luxury of an Integrated course has been done to death elsewhere. But I would ask anyone to answer this question. Since when does anyone within this industry have the right to say to newcomers "there's a huge problem, my T&Cs are being eroded - it's your fault now you sort it out."

I don't hear many people refusing to fly with pay to drive FOs, I don't hear anyone moaning about having paid for the training of ex forces pilots through taxes, I don't hear any employers refusing to take students from "overpriced" schools. And they won't. That's the way of the world and it's what happens, tough. Just the same as employers will milk wannabe's (and when the markets difficult like it is now experienced staff too), and so too will the schools. The expression on civvy street is cash cows....

So sorry, I for one don't believe those comments were correct or justified. Try the same implication on the threads for BA/Easy holdpools and I suspect that the response there would be no different.

Anyway, hope we can let this thread get back to its intended subject and I'll get back off my soapbox and go look for my missing sense of humour.

oap

Last edited by oapilot; 20th May 2009 at 17:54. Reason: por spilling